Press Kit for Christine Beard
Click to expand and download
Reviews & Press
"[Christine] not only has a beautiful tone and phrasing, but the capacity to reveal the deep soul of a composition."
- Martin Rokeach, composer, USA (January 2019)
"...the long lines of the second movement drew a warm lyricism from her."
- Roz Trübger, BFS journal Pan (Review of my performance at the
2014 British Flute Convention; August 2014)
"Excellent performance; despite being from a country other than ours, she demonstrated all the expression of an Andean Musician."
- Sergio Silva, Peruvian musician (Review of my performance of a traditional
Andean piece at the 2014 Peruvian International Flute Festival; May 2014)
"Great expressive tone and range...a heartfelt interpretation."
- Christopher Caliendo, Composer, USA (Review of my performance of his "Lamento"
for piccolo and piano at the 2013 Canadian Flute Convention; Jul 04, 2013)
"A thrilling performance! It was the definitive version of Davidovsky for me."
- Peter Sheridan, Low Flutes Specialist, Australia (Review of my performance of
"Synchronisms No. 1 for flute and tape" by Mario Davidovsky at the
2012 NFA Convention in Las Vegas, NV; Aug 15, 2012)
"Her performance [of Charke's Lachrymose] shatters any notions that the piccolo might be lacking in deep, expressive powers."
- Nancy Nourse, Flute Focus (Review of my performance of Charke's "Lachrymose"
at the 2011 European Piccolo Festival in Slovenia; Apr 28, 2012)
"A beautiful performance [of Lachrymose]...you really captured the essence of the work. Bravo!"
- Derek Charke, Composer, Canada (Review of my performance of Charke's "Lachrymose"
at the 2011 European Piccolo Festival in Slovenia; Sep 03, 2011)
"Clearly an expert clinician."
- Suzanne Wray, President, Flute Society of Greater Philadelphia (2007)
- Evgenie Nesterenko, Sochi News 2005, Volume 22, page 11 (Review of my performance of the Concerto for Piccolo, Op. 50 by Lowell Liebermann; Sochi, Russia; 2005)
"Christine gave a beautiful rendition of Concertino for Flute and Wind Ensemble by Keith Gates, which brought the audience to its feet in a standing ovation."
- The Kildare Nationalist (Naas, Kildare Co., Ireland; May 2004)
- Michael Barnes, The Austin-American Statesman (Austin, TX; 2001)
"...an incisive performance."
- Scott Cantrell, The Dallas Morning News (Dallas, TX; 2000)